Introduction – Our commitment to privacy of your personal information
The Only Qual Panel is owned and operated by Interactive Tracking Systems, Inc., (hereafter “itracks”). itracks is a Canadian company based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and is a world-leading provider of data collection for market research. itracks takes the privacy of those using its sites very seriously. You can be assured your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is one of our highest priorities.
To help you protect your privacy, we provide this notice to explain our practices. This statement outlines the information itracks will collect, how it will be used and the role of Only Qual members.
Ten principles of privacy protection
We are committed to respecting the following 10 privacy principles which are referred to in PIPEDA.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for the personal information under our control and we have designated a privacy officer who oversees our compliance with these privacy principles.
- Identifying purposes: We always endeavor to be open with you about why we need to collect various types of personal information from you either before or at the time we request the information.
- Consent: knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information. PIPEDA contains some exceptions for example where there is a legal obligation to disclose information for law enforcement purposes.
- Limiting collection: Collection of personal information is limited to what is necessary for the purposes we identify to you and to which you consent.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention: Personal information is not used or disclosed for different purposes than identified to you, except with your consent or as required by law. Personal information is retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of these purposes.
- Accuracy: We endeavor to keep your personal information as up-to-date and accurate as is necessary. When we need updated information from you, we explain why an update is necessary.
- Safeguards: We protect your personal information using approved and tested security safeguards which meet industry standards.
- Openness: Upon request, we make readily available to you information about our policies and practices relating to the management of your personal information.
- Individual Access: Upon request, we inform you of what personal information we have about you and allow you to access to your information.
- Challenging Compliance: You have the right to question compliance with the above principles by contacting our privacy officer and obtaining information about how we are complying with these principles in order to protect your personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. This includes any type of information in any form whether recorded or not. A few examples of personal information are:
- Your age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin, and health information;
- Your opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, employment; preferences.
- Information about your household, credit, finances, medical records, about any dispute for example between a consumer and a merchant, your intentions (for example, to acquire goods or services, or change jobs).
However, personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
You may become a member of the Only Qual panel of survey/research respondents by registering at our onlyqual.com website.
Your consent to collect, use and disclose personal information
During the membership registration process, we gather a limited amount of personal information from you such as your name, address, contact information and other initial information. By voluntarily registering for membership in Only Qual, you are consenting to providing us with the personal information being requested of you. No personal information is sought from or about you without your prior knowledge and consent.
Information We Gather
Individuals may voluntarily become members of the Only Qual panel of survey / research respondents by registering at our onlyqual.com website. No personal information is sought from or about you without your prior knowledge and consent.
During the registration process, we gather certain personal information for contact and survey distribution purposes. We also record your IP address for member validation purposes and some browser and Operating System information for technical support purposes. After registration, we may ask members to provide information regarding their interests and lifestyle for survey distribution.
Members may also be recruited on our behalf by third party websites, who may forward personal information to us, with the member’s prior consent.
Our Policy Concerning Children
We do not accept children who are under 18 years of age for membership in Only Qual. The views of people in this market segment are seldom targeted in market research so opportunities to participate in surveys would be very low.
In some specific surveys we may ask if parents are willing to consent for their children to participate in an online survey. Parents are able to view the survey to determine if they are willing to consent to such participation. We will never knowingly collect information from any individual under the age of 18 years without the express, written permission from the parents or legal guardian of said child. itracks adheres to all Canadian, US and International laws regarding Internet use by minors.
Limits on collection, use and disclosure of personal information
As part of your initial registration as a member of Only Qual, we also record your IP address for member validation purposes and some browser and Operating System information for technical support purposes. After initial registration, we may ask members to provide further personal information regarding their interests and lifestyle in order to help us decide in which surveys it might be useful for you to participate.
At two stages in the registration process you are asked specifically if you consent to our use of your personal information for the purposes defined within this policy. This is called “double opt-in.” If at any time you wish to discontinue your membership you simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting your name and personal information be deleted from our files.
Conditions regarding Information Sharing
itracks will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone. We may send your personal information to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of itracks to provide a product or service to you. (For example, an approved agent or subcontractor engaged for activities like reward fulfillment or data verification. Unless we tell you otherwise, these companies do not have any right to use the personal information we provide beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- Under the laws of the Government of Canada, we may disclose personally identifiable information in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena;
- We have reason to believe a member may be causing injury to or interference with itracks rights or property or other Only Qual members.
itracks will take all necessary measures to ensure that there are no unauthorized disclosures of information. We will always do our best to protect our panel members’ information. If for any reason the information is released due to unforeseen circumstances, our members will be notified as quickly as possible.
The Only Qual website may contain links to information on other websites. We do not have any control over these websites, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting those sites. We recommend that you carefully read the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Why personal information is collected and used by itracks for the Only Qual network
We use your email address to send you invitations to participate in surveys and to contact you with messages regarding panel information. We use your postal address to mail any survey related rewards, prizes and incentives or to assign you to geographic groups as required by research projects. We use your demographic information to match members to research studies that best correspond to their interests.
Your information is used solely for research purposes. It will not be sold and you will not be the target of SPAM or unauthorized emails as a result of joining Only Qual or by visiting this site. When you complete a survey, responses are analyzed in aggregate and individual members are not identified without their prior consent.
itracks may also release personal information in aggregate (for example, 50% of Only Qual members are female) in order to describe its services to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties and for other lawful purposes.
Special circumstances regarding disclosure of your personal information by itracks
Personal information held in our membership database is not shared with anyone outside itracks. Your personal information may be requested within a survey but provision of that information is at your sole discretion. When you complete a survey, responses are analyzed in aggregate and individual members are not identified without their prior consent.
How long will your personal information be kept?
Your personal information is kept only for as long as you are a member. If you decide to stop being a member of Only Qual, all of the personal information you have provided will be eliminated from our files within 10 days of receiving your notification.
How will your personal information kept secure?
Our Commitment to Security
itracks takes the security of your information seriously. We have implemented physical, electronic and managerial procedures which meet industry standards, in order to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to, and loss or alteration of, the personal information members provide.
Access to your personal information by itracks personnel is limited to select staff.
Discontinuing Your Membership in Only Qual
You may discontinue your membership and have all your personal information deleted by sending an email to email@example.com requesting your name and personal information be deleted from our files.
Our efforts to ensure your personal information is accurate
You may update your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the changes you wish to have made.
Accessing your personal information in our custody
To access your personal information, you may contact our privacy officer at the following e-mail address: email@example.com or at the following telephone number: 306-665-5026.
Questions or complaints regarding your personal information
Any questions or complaints regarding your personal information should be directed to itracks’ privacy officer at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following telephone number: 306-665-5026.